Boys Basketball prepares for season

Jared Rosenbaum, Staff Writer

This month, the Uni Boys Basketball team enters the beginning of their new season, full of confidence. With a plethora of coaches, the return of a star, and many new prospects, the season is looking to be the best Uni has seen in many years. They enter this season coming off the back of 4 wins and 2 losses.

Uni basketball is led by head coach Darin O’Connell and JV coach Isaac Trotter, assisted by coaches Jeff Blue, Drew O’Connell, and Lindi Balazi. This year’s team features a star-studded lineup, with many new players participating, including senior Omeed Miraftab-Salo who hopes to carry his success from the soccer season into his new sport.

“It’s a different position coming off the bench to help my team,” says Omeed “But I’m enjoying a new sport and am glad to help a very talented team win a regional championship.”

As well as many new faces, this season also marks the return of Camden Coleman, who didn’t participate sophomore and junior years, who adds a playstyle that is fresh to the team.

Senior Van Gundersen spoke on the upcoming season, saying “I have a lot of high hopes for the team, I believe we’re the best team of this millennium. We’re a team Uni High is not used to,” continuing to say “I think we’re going to do great things. Our goals this year are to win conference and to win regionals, something we’ve never done as a team. I really think we can do it.”