Girls soccer season comes to an end

May Yang, Writer

On Friday, the Uni High girls soccer team played St. Thomas Moore in the regional finals. The final score was 1(Uni)-3(STM), with Uni’s right midfielder Macheila Anderson scoring off of a penalty kick.

Uni had won their previous game against Monticello High School with a score of 6-2.

When asked for her thoughts about the regional game, Anderson said, “I think the team chemistry improved a lot, and we were able to develop our skills as a team rather than as individuals, and that helped our success.”

“I’m not happy that we lost, and that our season is over,” she added, “However, I’m happy with the way that we played and the improvements that we made.”

Although most of the players are sad to see their season come to an end, Junior Lili Banihashem reflected positively on the team’s performance this season, saying “We had a lot of newcomers that scored goals right off the bat on varsity, which was amazing.”

“I thought the team dynamic was really good,” she continued, “And that we had a lot of good games. I thought it was a super solid success of a season.”

During their 2017-18 season, the girls soccer team had 5 wins, 7 losses, and 1 tied game.

Congratulations to the girls soccer team for a great season!

About the Writer
May Yang, Staff Writer

My name is May Yang, and I'm a sophomore at Uni High. In my free time, I enjoy shopping, drawing, and sleeping.