Boys Soccer starts off a new season

Daniel Cho, Staff Writer

With the new school year, the Boys soccer team is kicking off a new season. Last year the team saw a lot of success, winning Regionals and almost making it to State at Sectionals. Senior Albert Lee, captain of the team, says that despite losing a lot of seniors since then, the team is confident that they can do well this year.

Out of the total twelve games played so far, the varsity team has already won eight games this season, with a 6 – 0 win over Teutopolis High School on Sept. 6, and they tied two of the other games they played so far.

“Honestly, I’m surprised at how well we’ve been playing together so far,” said Lee, regarding their performance. “We worked well together and we really bonded over the experience.”

Lee attributes some of the team’s success to how well they are working together. They have practices every day after school, except when there are games. Lee says that the team members are also connected with each other on various social media platforms, so that they can “bond off and on the field,” in addition to their practices.

The Boys soccer team has home games on the Florida and Lincoln Playing Field. The Varsity’s next home games are on Sept. 15, 18, and 20, against Bismarck-Henning and Centennial respectively, and they have an away game against Cornerstone on the Sept 22. The Junior Varsity has a home game on the Sept 13 against Decatur Christian, as well as home games on Sept 15, 18, and 20.